A call for applications for a grant up to EUR60k to help EU islands advance their work on energy transition processes and specific projects is open until December 18th.
This is the 1st call under the European Islands Facility (NESOI), set up to help islands transform their long-term ambitions into a set of plans and project outlines.
The up to EUR60k grant can be used to support the initial energy planning process of an island, or develop specific energy transition-related projects on an island, provided that the island authority (if applicable) supports the idea. Eligible projects can be of all kinds, including but not limited to:
- Production of energy from renewable sources
- Energy efficiency interventions on assets (buildings, lighting systems, etc.)
- Realization/Improvement of energy storage systems
- Improvement of the existing electricity grid
- Realization/improvement of District Heating and Cooling networks
- Energy-related waste and water management actions
- Implementation of sustainable mobility solutions
- Improvement of energy monitoring and management,
- Energy auditing and analysis, energy planning
??Please find extensive guidance here or start a grant application here.